Job Title: Social Media Coordinator
Duration: 5/17/2021 – 6/9/2021 (8 weeks, 35 hours/week)
Rate of pay: $14.00/hour
Language: Fluent in English, other languages are considered an asset
Reporting to: Oriol Salvador, Media Strategist at My East Coast Experience Media.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: MAY 10, 2021
The Halifax Experience Foundation and its sister brand My East Coast Experience are hiring a Social Media Coordinator for 8 weeks, starting May 17, through the Canada Summer Jobs employment program.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Media Strategist, overseeing the digital strategy of all our brands, and focusing on growing our social media presence.
To apply, you must have:
- Effective communications and writing skills in English.
- Excellent organization skills, reliability and ability to work alone to meet deadlines.
- Great understanding of pop culture, online communication and social media trends.
- Experience running social media accounts for professional purposes, mainly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (other platforms will also be valued).
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Experience with Adobe software or other design tools (including online, like Canva).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the overall social media strategy for My East Coast Experience and other associated brands including planning, copywriting, scheduling and posting.
- Growing and engaging our online community: finding creative ways to increase our reach, answer comments and private messages diligently, etc.
- Reporting the results of social media campaigns weekly through detailed and comprehensive reports.
Candidates that do not meet the requirements for the Canada Summer Jobs employment program (see Candidate’s Eligibility) will not be considered.
WORKING FROM HOME:
Candidates will be working from home or other locations of their choice that are safe, adherent to provincial public health guidelines and have the basic requirements candidates need to conduct their duties (i.e. a good connection to the Internet). Communications will happen regularly by email, also voice and video calls, with possible meetings in-person in a coworking space in Lower Sackville, if public health guidelines allow it.
ABOUT THE HALIFAX EXPERIENCE FOUNDATION:
The Halifax Experience Foundation is a platform that celebrates diversity and inclusion through activations like the Mosaic Festivals of Arts and culture. The Halifax Experience is a sister brand to My East Coast Experience Media Group.
ABOUT MY EAST COAST EXPERIENCE:
My East Coast Experience is a marketing, publishing and event planning brand aimed at telling the stories of people choosing the East Coast of Canada as a new home.
The company’s brands include the quarterly magazine My Halifax Experience and the online platform My East Coast Experience, as well as the Mosaic Festivals of Arts and Culture, Atlantic Canada’s premiere multicultural festivals.
The successful candidate must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment. They must have enrolled in a school located in Canada for the Fall 2021 semester and be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or a person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
International students are not eligible for this role under the conditions of this program and recent immigrants are eligible only if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants that meet the requirements listed above must send a cover letter, with a CV or resume attached (link to a complete LinkedIn profile will also be considered), expressing interest for this position and sharing links to at least one example of their recent work on social media, showcasing what their communication abilities are online.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Social Media Coordinator”