The Halifax Experience Education Foundation:
In the fall of 2016 Ifeanyi Emesih launched a bursary program for international students under his foundation; The Halifax Experience Education foundation. The goal of this program is to address the concerns of international students who are in financial need. There should be no reason for financial worries to present a barrier to international students studying overseas.
In category one, a $1000 bursary is awarded to international students who are registered in any of the post-secondary institutions in Nova Scotia.
In category two, a $500 bursary is awarded to international students who are registered in any of the post-secondary institutions in Nova Scotia.
Two $1,000 will be awarded to international students every fall in category one and three $500 will be awarded to international students in category two.
Open to all International students, currently registered full time in any of the post-secondary institutions in Nova Scotia.
- Must be an International student
- Be enrolled full-time at any of the post-secondary institutions located in Nova Scotia
- Applicants must have confirmed enrollment for full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in the current academic year.
- Complete and submit a 1,000-word essay describing your experience since arriving in Canada, with special attention to any challenges they encountered and how they’ve overcome them. Essays must be submitted to Ken Partridge, managing editor at Advocate Media Inc., via email (email@example.com) no later than midnight on Oct. 10, 2017.
- Register/signup on the My EastCoast Experience website (below)
- Follow My EastCoast Experience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Essays will be judged to determine the best. In addition to being awarded the bursaries, winners will have their essays printed in subsequent issues of My EastCoast Experience.
The application deadline is Oct. 10, 2017. Funds will be awarded by cheque.
Email questions to:
Last year’s Bursary winners: